[Koha] Indexing Not Updating

Bruce A. Metcalf bruce.metcalf at augustansociety.net
Mon Dec 28 06:25:55 NZDT 2015

On 12/26/2015 09:11 PM, Chris Cormack wrote:

>>> I wonder if you still have other path issues, or it might be the switch
>>> from grs1 to dom. What version did you upgrade from ?
>> I think it was Version 3.12 that you helped me install at KohaCon13 (thanks
>> again). I've since been upgrading each release as it comes out using
>> packages.
> Ahh that may be it, take a look at
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Switching_to_dom_indexing
>
> We tend to not try to update the config file automatically as we might
> accidentally clobber some of your intentional changes, so it might be
> that it hasn't switched to DOM
>
> I'd back up the file, make the changes, restart the zebraserver
> (service koha-common restart) run a full reindex (koha-rebuild-zebra -f) and see if that fixes it, you can always roll back if it doesn't

It doesn't.

The instructions say to check "/About Koha/ > /System information"/ for
GRS1/DOM-related warnings. I see two warnings:

 > Warning    You are missing the <log4perl_conf> entry in your
koha-conf.xml file.
 > Warning    You are missing the <upload_path> entry in your
koha-conf.xml file.

I can't say if these were there previously, and neither appears to be
related.

I also notice that in "/About Koha/ > /Server information"/ there's an
error that does seem related:

*> Error *Zebra server seems not to be available. Is it started?

Perhaps this is a clue?

Thanks,
Bruce A. Metcalf
Augustan Society Library