[Koha] Indexing Not Updating

Bruce A. Metcalf bruce.metcalf at augustansociety.net
Sun Dec 27 09:55:42 NZDT 2015

On 12/26/2015 03:08 PM, Chris Cormack wrote:
> On 27 December 2015 8:54:43 am NZDT, "Bruce A. Metcalf" <bruce.metcalf at augustansociety.net> wrote:
>> Koha 3.22.1 installed via packages, running on Debian "Wheezy" 7.9,
>> both recently updated.
>>
>> Cataloging works, and I can see the biblioand item records using the
>> Inventory tool, but Search does not return any hits. It had previously
>> worked, but as Imostly work on the back end, it may have been a version
>>
>> or two back when last I tried, and patron feedback is nil.
>>
>> I did try running the Zebra Permission Repair process at
>> <http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Fix_zebra_permissions>, but it
>> fails with messages like: "sudo: koha-create-dirs: command not found"
>> and "sudo: koha-rebuild-zebra: command not found".
> Well that is definitely a symptom of your problem, koha-rebuild-zebra is what the cron job runs to update the index.
>
> Can you do an ls /usr/sbin please, are those files there, if so try running them with the full path, eg sudo /usr/sbin/koha-create-dirs instancename
>
> That should get the index rebuilt. Then you could look up how to fix the path in sudo.

This appears to have worked for most of the commands from that FAQ page.
However, when I ran "koha-rebuild-zebra" it reported "Records exported:
2904" at one point, then "Records exported: 10279" at another. Given
that I have about 3300 items at present, neither looks quite right.

And while it did report starting zebra for this instance, the catalog
search function still fails to find anything.

As for the path in sudo, I get:
 > # echo $PATH
 > /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

So, some progress, but still questions.

Thanks,
Bruce A. Metcalf
Augustan Society Library