[Koha] [ByWater Partners] Your suggestions for a new name of Koha NA

Scott Kushner skushner at mplmain.mtpl.org
Mon Dec 21 10:35:24 NZDT 2015

At first, I thought this was a rant about splinter groups, regionalism, and exclusionary tactics and was going to be a bit snarky and say "what is the problem with people in regions getting together to discuss Koha?" "Why does it have to be world-wide?"

After all, it's hard for some people to travel-especially librarians on limited or strapped budgets these days. Wouldn't more information sharing and the opportunity for non-koha libraries to libraries to learn things without having to travel half-way around the world be a good thing?

Then when I realized that it was really just about the name, I thought, "hey...what about REALLY regional groups like the old CODI (Customers of Dynix) used to do, and break out into Koha Users group Northeast, or Koha Users Southwest, etc., etc?

As long as everyone shares the information at the end, what is the problem? Maybe more libraries would jump to Koha bandwagon if they had access to more information.

Anyway...here's my .02 cents....

KohAmerica

KohaAmerica

KohaAmerican Users Group

KohAmerican Users Group Northeast...

KohaAmerican Users Group....well, you get the picture.