[Koha] Help from people experienced in Arabic, Hebrew, and CJK languages (and Vietnamese)

Magnus Enger magnus at libriotech.no
Fri Dec 18 02:27:48 NZDT 2015

On 11 December 2015 at 01:32, David Cook <dcook at prosentient.com.au> wrote:
> I'm curious about Danish and other Scandinavian languages as well, as å may be equivalent to "aa" but not "a", I think?

I dunno much about those other languages, but at least for Norwegian
you are right. In older writings å might be written as aa. So in the
interests of comprehensiveness, it would certainly be interesting to
treat aa and å as synonymous.

Treating a and å as synonymous would mostly be a disaster, I think.
You want to be able to distinguish between e.g. "make" (spous) and
"måke" (sea gull).

Best regards,
Magnus Enger
Libriotech