[Koha] Holds Queue Idea for Patrons

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Sat Dec 12 10:06:19 NZDT 2015

Hi!

I use the lists for this, both with the Koha system here at work and with
my public library's catalog (which isn't Koha, alas!).  When I'm ready to
read a book, I look at my list, and place hold(s), and take the books off
the "to read" list when I've read them.  If I really like the book, I'll
add it to my list of favorites.

The "suspend hold" function in Koha is handy--I can just place holds, then
suspend them if I'm not ready to read the book, going on vacation, etc.,
and un-suspend them when I want to read the book.

Cheerio!
h2

Heather Hernandez
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov
http://www.nps.gov/safr/learn/historyculture/museum-collections.htm

"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg