[Koha] Expiring soon borrower notice?

Agnes Rivers-Moore arm at hanover.ca
Thu Dec 3 09:35:56 NZDT 2015

Dear Koha users and developers

We have a number of members (patrons) who only borrow e-books.
This means staff do not see them and they do not get reminded that their membership will expire - until they call to complain that their downloads stop working.

I would like Koha to generate a notice to let them know that they will need to renew soon - similar to the book is due soon notice but based on expiry of the borrower account.

That would allow us to tell them whet they need to do to renew their account before their service is affected, and also tell them about new services/reasons to renew.

Has anyone found a way to do that - or is anyone thinking of developing a new notice for this?
If not, I will add a new item to Bugzilla - watch there if you want to follow developments.

Many thanks,
Agnes

--
Agnes Rivers-Moore
CEO / Chief Librarian

Tel: 519.364.1420 | Fax: 519.364.1747
Email: arm at hanover.ca<mailto:arm at hanover.ca> | Web: www.hanoverlibrary.ca<http://www.hanoverlibrary.ca>
Facebook Hanover Public Library | Twitter @HanoverLibrary

Support your library! Could you volunteer, make a donation, or remember us in your will?
The Hanover Library uses email to communicate service messages to members who provide an address during registration or who contact us by email.
Please contact the library to change your email preferences.