[Koha] Fwd: Seeking Z39.50 targets for Portuguese material in Marc21 format

Irma Birchall irma at calyx.net.au
Thu Aug 27 17:02:04 NZST 2015

Hi Del,

Just a quick hello and a note about language filters ...

To be able to filter in Advance Search by language, you will need to have
the language reference for each resources in 008/35-37 and 041$a.
http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd041.html and perhaps also in
http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd546.html

For Eglish use "eng"
For Indonesian use "ind"
For Tetum use "tet"
For Portuguese use "por"

The language abbreviations are in lower case as upper case abbreviations
are for countries.

To be able to list these languages in A-Z order of their English name, you
will need to adjust their order in the list in the system preference:
AdvancedSearchLanguages

I hope this makes sense.

All the best!

Irma