[Koha] follow up on: transfers to receive- home/holding branch issues

Amy Schuler schulera at caryinstitute.org
Tue Aug 18 03:18:49 NZST 2015

Hello again,
thanks to Michael, Katrin and Robin for helping out a few weeks ago with my
holding branch/home branch issues.

I went through the exercises you all recommended, and as you might have
guessed I found that for some (not all) items I have a bad homebranch and
holdingbranch:  Cary.  The "correct" location for both should be uppercase
CARY.

Example: When I check out an item that has homebr Cary and holdingbr Cary,
then check it in again, it ends up in the "transfers to receive" queue
because in the checkout process it had been switched from homebr Cary and
holdingbr CARY.  These are the only items that go to "transfers to
receive".  Items that always indicate homebr CARY and holdingbr CARY always
get checked in normally without going to that queue.

Is this something I can fix if I make a copy of my database and make global
changes in some test environment?

Thanks again for all of your advice.
Amy Schuler
CARY Institute ;)