[Koha] Extending OPAC purchase suggestion fields

Pablo Bianchi pablo.bianchi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 01:50:13 NZST 2015

Hi!

Before using Koha we were using a local develop for purchase suggestion
requests («desdierata»). Now I'm trying to extend/add suggestion fields to
add some data we were asking in the form and Koha doesn't include,
something like what ExtendedPatronAttributes syspref does with patron
fields.
First I naively tried to add to opac-suggestions.tt
id="newfield" name="newfield" maxlength="40" /></li>

and  on submit:
  onsubmit="this.note.value=this.note.value+' - '+this.newfield.value;
return true;"

to concatenate extended fields (yeah, dirty) but it seems Suggestions.pm do
a foreach walk over form ids:
Software error: DBIx::Class::ResultSet::create(): No such column alum on
Koha::Schema::Result::Suggestion at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Suggestions.pm
line 450

Because I'm trying to touch the less as possible now I'm tring a JQuery
way, but maybe someone already found an easier way...
​ ​
Maybe I should fill a bug.​

Regards,

Pablo