[Koha] Buggy OS Upgrade

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Thu Apr 9 02:40:41 NZST 2015

On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 06:40:11PM -0400, Bruce A. Metcalf wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Koha 3.18.5 installed using packages under Debian squeeze.
>
> This week we upgraded our distro from squeeze to wheezy.
>
> Now when we try to save a biblio found using Z39.50 search, we get this
> error message:
>
> Byte order is not compatible at /usr/lib/perl/5.14/Storable.pm line 416 at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/cataloguing/additem.pl line 401

The message means that Storable is trying to read data that was saved by
a version of Storable configured differently. Usually its something
you'd see moving from one architecture to another. As Storable is not
used for persistant data I'd start by ensuring that cahes etc have been
flushed clean
C.

--
Colin Campbell