[Koha] Buggy OS Upgrade

Arslan Farooq arslanone at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:56:53 NZST 2015

Hi Bruce,

I am on Debian 7.8 (wheezy).

I don't know solution to your problem, but the following may help others to
help you:

I was on Koha 3.18.4 (installed using packages) and tried '*apt-get upgrad*e'
and got the '*The following packages have been kept back*' message for
koha-common.

I tried '*aptitude upgrade*' and it upgraded to Koha 3.18.5 with addition
to '*The following NEW packages will be installed:
libdbix-connector-perl{a}*' message, which did not happen when I did '*apt-get
upgrade*'.

Now I'm upgraded to 3.18.5 and tried Z39.50 search and added a record with
item. No errors. Works fine.

-- Arslan