[Koha] Creating a Z39.50 Target - No connection

Craig Butosi craig.butosi at rcmusic.ca
Wed Apr 8 13:29:37 NZST 2015

Hi all,

Update:

Restarted zebra with
sudo koha-zebra-restart <instancename>
to no effect. Still unable to connect to 210

Also tried to telnet using sudo telnet localhost:210, to which I get the following error

telnet: could not resolve localhost:210/telnet: Name or service not known

Three things of note:

1. I noticed that when checking the iptables, nothing is listed as listening in on port 210, but port 80 and 8080 are listed (OPAC and Staff Client, respectively). How would I open port 210 with iptables? I'm not sure what I should do.

2. Here is my koha-conf.xml file (edited out sensitive information): https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk5scpwuv6pibvy/koha-conf.xml?dl=0 . Does anyone see anything out of place?
By the way, my instance name is <library>, and I would like to use Port 210 for Z39.50.

3. Log Files:

a) On zebra-error.log:

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/etc/koha/sites/library/__KOHA_CONF_DIR__/zebradb/explain-biblios.xml"
21:04:47-07/04 [fatal] Failed to bind to tcp:@:210 [Permission denied]

b) On zebra-output.log:

20:53:41-24/03 zebrasrv(103) [warn] dfa_parse fail=1
20:53:41-24/03 zebrasrv(103) [warn] dict_lookup_grep fail -1

Not sure if #3 is a clue to what's happening.

Any thoughts?

Best to all and thanks,

Craig Butosi, MA, MLIS, B Mus (Hons.)
LIBRARY SERVICES MANAGER
the royal conservatory
TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning
273 Bloor Street West Toronto, ON M5S 1W2
416.408.2824 x338
www.rcmusic.ca