[Koha] Creating a Z39.50 Target - No connection

Craig Butosi craig.butosi at rcmusic.ca
Wed Apr 8 05:46:11 NZST 2015

Hi Everyone,

I was interested in making my catalogue searchable by turning its <biblios> database into a z39.50 target. I've followed the instructions in my koha-conf.xml file (etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml), un-commenting the necessary areas. However, going through the Troubleshooting page on the Koha Wiki: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Koha_as_a_Z39.50_server has led to a dead-end.

I have my port set to 210 (this is different from the 9999 default for biblios), yet I cannot connect to yaz-client after running

yaz-client -c /etc/koha/zebradb/ccl.properties localhost:210/biblios

It shows the following error:

                Connecting...error = System (lower-layer) error: Connection refused

Now, I'm wondering if this is a simple case of not opening port 210 on my firewall. I've run the following command, attempting to do this:

sudo iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 210 -j ACCEPT

Yet, this port isn't listed on my server connections (sudo netstat -pn --udp -listen)

Can anyone advise, please? (Happy to send the necessary areas of my koha-conf.xml file  off-list for diagnosis).

Many thanks in advance!

Best to all,

Craig Butosi, MA, MLIS, B Mus (Hons.)
LIBRARY SERVICES MANAGER
the royal conservatory
TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning
273 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5S 1W2
416.408.2824 x338
www.rcmusic.ca<http://www.rcmusic.ca/>

Note: This email message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the individual to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the recipient of this email is not the intended recipient (or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying or other use of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this message and attachments from your system, thank you.