[Koha] Comment: Koha Community Code of Conduct

glaws glawson at rhcl.org
Sat Sep 27 09:34:25 NZST 2014

I wish I knew the background better, but a lot of the recent discussion
on Codes of Conduct I think stems from some recent problems in the
gaming community. Again, I admit my knowledge is limited, but I think it
had something to do with male gamers putting down female gamers; very
offensive words and actions were used in that situation, and the
"outing" of personally identifying information was one of the problems.

I think any reasonable person applying a reasonable standard would
realize the CoC wording as is currently stands wouldn't apply to the
examples I cited, nor to yours. It's the unreasonable factors we have to
be concerned with, and just a little modding of the wording will fix things.

Greg