[Koha] Put Barcodes in Books Without Barcodes Automatically

Olu Adara gbengaadara at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 08:42:06 NZST 2014

Hi,

> On Sep 23, 2014, at 12:11 PM, Elaine Bradtke <eb at efdss.org> wrote:
>
> For the existing records, one option would be to export the records (with
> the item information) edit them offline and add sequential numbers to the
> 952$p field. then import them and overwrite the original records.
>
> I know MarcEdit will generate control numbers.  I'm not sure if  it will
> create sequential numbers in another field.

Just to confirm that MarcEdit will generate sequential numbers in any field also. And it does allow you to have a prefix too if you would like to use something like BK-xxxxx or 2014-xxxxx for your barcodes.

You do this in the Tools - Generate Control Numbers menu in MarcEdit

Olugbenga Adara
Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse typos and brevity.