[Koha] inclusion of a detailed typical cron jobs section in the wiki

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 17:35:15 NZST 2014

Hi all,

I was reading http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_git

It seems to me, the wiki page could do well with the inclusion of how
to setup up the important cron scripts that are readily available in
the package-based installs, i.e.

/etc/cron.d/koha-common
/etc/cron.hourly/koha-common
/etc/cron.daily/koha-common

of course, links to the actual scripts and params need to be
re-factored for dev install $KOHA_PATH. The info is already available
in http://manual.koha-community.org/3.16/en/cronjobsch.html, but not
exactly in the HOWTO approach of specific wiki articles.

I mean, there are two sides to this - a) people running a dev install
are expected to know what they are doing; and b) someone wanting to
get started / simply participate in bug-triaging / patch sign-offs
could benefit from having this info in one place.

how do the devs and documentation manager feel about this?

-indra

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg