[Koha] Migrating from Spectrum

Jeramey Valley valleyj at bcreek.org
Tue Oct 7 08:45:06 NZDT 2014

We are in process of migrating from Winnebago Spectrum to Koha and hitting some snags migrating our data.

The MARC records for our collection will import, but does not include the holdings. I can see the holdings information in the 852 field in our original export file from Spectrum.

Research indicated we should modify the file to put the holdings information in the 952 field and map accordingly.

In testing trying this route, I am not seeing the 952 field importing into Koha (looking at the raw MARC file in Koha). Prior to modifying the import file to map the 852 info to 952 fields, I did see the 852 fields in Koha but they didn't appear to import or map to where they should be.

Using Marcedit to modify the file.

I have not created any material types or other setup information except to define the library and one "super user".

New install of Debian and Koha 3.16.04.000

In between tests I am removing the Koha install, deleting the database and running the zebra reset procedures to try and keep things "clean".

Any pointers or suggestions appreciated.

--

Regards,

Jeramey Valley
Network Manager, Bullock Creek Schools