[Koha] error with newly installed koha

sean toczko sean.jamstec at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 20:47:39 NZDT 2014

Dear All,

I'm running Koho on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, inside a LAN, purely as a testsite
for now, so I may have set up my /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf file incorrectly
(snippet below).

  1 # NOTE: for a complete list of valid options please read koha-create(8)
  2
  3 ## Apache virtual hosts creation variables
  4 #
  5 # Please note that the URLs are built like this:
  6 # OPAC:  http://<OPACPREFIX><INSTANCE
NAME><OPACSUFFIX><DOMAIN>:<OPACPORT>
  7 # STAFF: http://<INTRAPREFIX><INSTANCE
NAME><INTRASUFFIX><DOMAIN>:<INTRAPORT>
  8 DOMAIN=".chikyu-library.org"
  9 INTRAPORT="8080"
 10 INTRAPREFIX=""
 11 INTRASUFFIX="-intra"
 12 OPACPORT="80"
 13 OPACPREFIX=""
 14 OPACSUFFIX=""
 15
 16 ## Default data to be loaded
 17 #
 18 # DEFAULTSQL: filename
 19 # Specify an SQL file with default data to load during instance creation
 20 # default: (empty)
 21 DEFAULTSQL=""
 22
 23 ## Zebra global configuration variables
 24 #
 25 # ZEBRA_MARC_FORMAT: 'marc21' | 'normarc' | 'unimarc'
 26 # Specifies the MARC records format for indexing
 27 # default: 'marc21'
 28 ZEBRA_MARC_FORMAT="marc21"
 29
 30 # ZEBRA_LANGUAGE: 'en' | 'es' | 'fr' | 'nb' | 'ru' | 'uk'

I can go to the koha page thru the browser (firefox & safari), but when I
try to log in, I get this error, everytime:

Software error:

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/lib/perl5/DBI.pm
line 2064.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]), giving
this error message and the time and date of the error.

It looks like this has been noted before, but what do I need to do to fix
this? Any advice?

Cheers,

Sean