[Koha] Export Athena / import Koha

RAC IT Department itdept at racsonline.org
Fri Oct 3 13:02:50 NZDT 2014

Hi Vikram,

It has been a busy week.,,

So I found a program that allowed me to export a .mrc file into an .xml
file which I opened in Microsoft Excel and then saved it to a .xlsx and
.csv file.

I converted all three files (one .mrc Athena export and two .mrc files that
were converted for import to Koha) and placed them in the following folder
so you can have a look...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dqxe494bn2gzo9z/AABywSMDgEaylTHOJPenxqZGa?dl=0

I was able to open all three different types of each file in Microsoft
Excel.

I took a look and it seems to me that the barcodes are present and in the
correct place for import into Koha. So the file seems to contain the
correct information. Could the problem be with the way that Koha is
handling the file? You mentioned something about mapping. Is there
something in Koha that I need to tweak in order to import this file?

Thank you for your time

Thanks,
Bill