[Koha] Should Koha support old versions of Internet Explorer?

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Oct 3 02:38:26 NZDT 2014

There is a discussion happening on the developers list about whether
Koha should continue to support old versions of Internet Explorer.

While we don't generally test in Internet Explorer, in practice we
attempt to fix browser incompatibility bugs reported for IE7 or
higher.

The benefit, from the developers' point of view, of dropping support
for IE7 (released in 2006) and maybe even IE8 (released in 2009) would
be our ability to upgrade certain third-party libraries on which Koha
is built, enhancing our ability to modernize the interface.

However, we don't want to unnecessarily exclude users who are forced
to use IE7 or IE8. I would like to solicit your opinions on the
matter:

- In your use of Koha are you required to use any version of Internet
Explorer and if so what version?
- In your use of Koha do you work with library patrons who are
required to use any version of Internet Explorer?
- In your opinion what should be the minimum supported version of
Internet Explorer?

I'm not counting votes, but I am interested in hearing everyone's opinions.

Thanks,

  Owen

--
Web Developer