[Koha] Recover deleted books

Jorge de Cardenas jdeca at smfpl.org
Wed Nov 19 10:45:36 NZDT 2014

I had a similar problem not long ago and discovered that at least on my
system the table structure of the deleted tables did not match the
structure of their counter parts. The result was that directly inserting
from the deleted tables did not match up and data was lost. In other words
even though the tables had the same fields they were not in the same order.
I was using something I found online.

insert into biblio (select * from deletedbiblio where biblionumber=100);
delete from deletedbiblio where biblionumber=100;
insert in to items (select * from deleteditems where biblionumber=100);
delete from deleteditems where biblionumber=100;
insert in to biblioitems (select * from deletedbiblioitems where
biblionumber=100);
delete from deletedbiblioitems where biblionumber=100;

What I did was restored a backup to a test server and created a tables to
use to restore from on the live server.

Jorge

>We accidently deleted about 100 books a few weeks ago and would like to
recover them.  We have a list of the barcodes and titles.  What would be
the best way to do this?

--

Jorge de Cardenas | Head Systems Administrator
3512 Darrow Road, Stow, OH 44224

institution.