[Koha] Firefox speed issues

Andy Boze boze.1 at nd.edu
Sat Nov 15 09:01:33 NZDT 2014

Try turning off hardware acceleration if it's turned on. Not
specifically with Koha, but Chrome was unusably slow until I turned off
hardware acceleration and I've always turned off hardware acceleration
in Firefox. (This is on Windows 7.)

The hardware acceleration setting in Firefox is in Advanced options,
under the General tab.

On 11/14/2014 12:46 PM, Nicole Engard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Have you noticed that Firefox has been super duper slow lately?
> Sometimes I can't even get Google to load up it's so slow.  This is
> also effecting Koha.  I watched a patron page try to load for over a
> minute before I restarted Firefox and it loaded up.  I'm wondering
> what you're all doing to speed up Firefox or if you're using Chrome
> for Koha?  I know there are some things like receipt printing and a
> few Acq things that just don't work right in Chrome, but everything is
> speedy in Chrome so is it the solution? Or is there another solution
> you're all using?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Nicole

Andy Boze, Associate Librarian