[Koha] Report filtered by item type fails

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Nov 13 14:43:26 NZDT 2014

Koha 3.16
According to my statistical report, we have 848 biblios that are
 continuing resources (BIBITEMTYPE CR)
But when I try to build a report that limits the output to these records I
get only a handful of records (these uniquely have items attached, 99% of
our CR records do not, so this information usually only appears in the
942c).

If I run the following report it doesn't list any entries with CR.
SELECT biblionumber, ExtractValue(marcxml,
'//datafield[@tag="942"]/subfield[@code="c"]') AS comp FROM
biblioitems

But I can search and retrieve individual records, and they do indeed have
CR in the 942c.

When I run an advanced search and limit it to this item type, the search
results are exactly what I expect to see.

I can't figure out how it will count them in one instance, but not list
them in another;  find them in the advanced search, but not when I query
the database with a report. . .

We've just moved our server over to a new virtual machine and a different
version of Linux. . . Is the above a symptom of indexing problems or some
other technical glitch?

--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler