[Koha] Zebra problems

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Nov 10 17:09:43 NZDT 2014

All Saints Cathedral Library schreef op ma 03-11-2014 om 16:17 [+0000]:
> Hello All,
>
> Recently we replaced our Koha 3.06 with a new install of Koha 3.16 on Linux Mint 13  XFCE via Ubuntu packages.  Since the upgrade, searching for books, both from the old database and recently entered, in both the staff client and the opac yields only books in the reservoir in the staff section.

First thing to try is to make sure you have the zebra daemon running:

sudo /etc/init.d/koha-common stop
sudo /etc/init.d/koha-common start

See if that helps.

> In the terminal it looks like Zebra is working, with errors for some, but not all, records:

How are you rebuilding zebra? The way to do it with packages is:

sudo koha-rebuild-zebra --full -v cathlib

If you don't do it this way, you may get permission issues. If you
already have permission issues, let us know and we'll show you how to
fix them.

> When I investigated the path all the files seemed to be there, but the /usr/ bin/ zebraidx file is, according to gedit, “corrupted”.  Is that the problem?  What should be in it?  Can I remove it and download a single replacement file? What would the commands be?

gedit can't open this file as it's not a text file, it's a program, and
so gedit just throws up its hands and gives up.

> I have also noticed that ' libmarc-xml-perl_1.0.1-1_all.deb ' is sitting in my home directory.  Where does it belong?  If I download it again as in the Koha wiki Koha on Ubuntu packages – long, I get a message “Permission denied”.

No, that's safe to ignore as it won't do anything, harmful or otherwise.

There's a reasonable chance that this info will get you going, if not
paste the output of things here (including the commands you used) and
we'll take another look.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.