[Koha] Importing records through Z39.50

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Nov 6 06:07:00 NZDT 2014

These settings work for me. But there are some settings that you do not
list:
Checked = Yes
Syntax= USMARC
Record type= Bibliographic
I don't know if ranking has anything to do with the timing, but try setting
the rank to 1 and see if that helps.

Does it time out every time? Or only sometimes?

Elaine

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Johnstone Selemani <jselemani at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  Below are the server settings for Z39.50 server:
>
> Z39.50 server: LIBRARY OF CONGRESS
> Hostname: lx2.loc.gov
> Port: 210
> Database: LCDB
> Userid:
> Password:
> checked (searched by default):
> Rank (display order):
> Syntax: mar21/USMARC (z3950 can send
> records in various format. Choose one):
> Encoding: utf8 (z3950 can send
> records in various encodings. Choose one):
> Timeout (0 its like not set): seconds
> Record type:

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)