[Koha] Technical help with Frameworks

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Fri May 30 05:44:08 NZST 2014

As a test, I exported a format, edited one field (changed the name
slightly) and uploaded it.  This time it worked.
I suspect they've tightened up the import process - so that if you have a
missmatch between fields and subfields (easy enough to do if you delete a
field and miss deleting one of  the subfields) it won't import.

A more helpful error message would be useful (a failed on line number
message would be better than nothing)

To preserve your sanity, don't delete the fields and subfields (as irksome
as it is to see all the extraneous fields in there).
Stick to editing the visibility column and you'll have less chance of a
failed import.
Now I'll go back and do just that to the format I was trying to edit
yesterday. With luck I won't waste another afternoon.

Yes, I know you SQL wizards can do all this stuff magically in the
background.  But we lowly librarian types are safer not sticking our
fingers into the machinery. It will take me as long to write up a document
explaining to the IT wizard what needs to be done, as to do it myself.
Provided I don't do anything else silly that breaks the import.