[Koha] JS bookmarklet for non-Z39.50 copy-cataloging.

Mccallum, Charles cmccallum at fas.harvard.edu
Wed May 28 08:01:15 NZST 2014

Hi: I'm not sure how useful this will be for other folks, but I've just put up a demo of a JS bookmarklet that can make copy-cataloging in Koha easier from non-Z39.50 data sources.

A demo of Koha integration is here:
   http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:8080/fp-koha-demo/
and a more complete readme and checkout instructions are here:
   http://sourceforge.net/p/filteredpush/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/FP-DataEntry/

This project initially targeted the museums community where the idea of "copy-cataloging" isn't as familiar: Thinking about it, there seemed to be a number of cases that were analogous. This plugin tries to be generic so that it could be used anywhere there is an authoritative source of information, and a web form that needs to be filled in.

Hope this can be useful.

-- Chuck McCallum