[Koha] Password Encryption

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed May 21 23:29:11 NZST 2014

> I have uploaded a number of patron records via a pup script. However, the
> password  are not working. I have used md5 function.  I would like to know
> which encryption  method is used for  passwords in Koha.

Hi, it's using the Perl module Crypt::Eksblowfish::Bcrypt and it's being salted.

I used the following recently when resetting a password in the database:

perl -e 'use lib "/usr/share/koha/lib/"; use Koha::AuthUtils; print
Koha::AuthUtils::hash_password("password_here") . "\n";'

Hope that helps.

--
Jason Etheridge