[Koha] On basic differences of MARC, MARC21 and UNIMARC

Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se
Wed May 21 22:28:42 NZST 2014

Hi!

If this rather old source (points to the old Koha website) is to be trusted then UKRMARC seems to be based on UNIMARC. http://library.lviv.ua/e-library/library_standarts/UkrMarc/index_eng.shtml I’d not be surprised though if there are some fields or ways of using a field that only exist in UKRMARC. You might have to remap some of the info to new fields in order to successfully import your records in Koha. Other people here knows the most efficient way to do that if that proves to be the case.

Kind regards/Viktor Sarge

Viktor Sarge
Utvecklingsledare
Regionbibliotek Halland
Regionkontoret

TFN: 035-17 98 73   MOBIL:
E-POST: Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se<mailto:Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se>
BESÖKSADRESS: Södra vägen 9, 30180 Halmstad
www.regionhalland.se<http://www.regionhalland.se/>