[Koha] MySQL - Strict checking

Tom Hanstra hanstra at nd.edu
Wed May 21 02:09:34 NZST 2014

Are there any recommendations regarding the use of strict checking and Koha?

I'm upgrading from 3.06 to 3.14 and as part of that I'm moving to MySQL
5.6, which turns strict checking on by default.  A lot of database
upgrade errors are coming up related to data values which are in the
database but don't pass some of the rule checks implemented.  Should I
be trying to clean that up?  Or might future versions of the upgrade
process do some of that for me later?

Thanks,
Tom

      Tom Hanstra                              Systems Administrator
      Hesburgh Libraries of Notre Dame         Phone: (574)631-4686
      208 Hesburgh Library                     Email: hanstra at nd.edu
      Notre Dame, IN  46556

      The nights are getting warmer, it won't be long.
      Won't be long 'til summer comes...                  Thin Lizzy