[Koha] Statistics for inter-branch activity

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Sun May 11 05:21:43 NZST 2014

Hi, All --

We're part of a 3-library coop where patrons have reciprocal borrowing
privileges at any of the 3 libraries.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to generate summary statistics on how
patrons from each library are using these privileges, based on
patrons' home library, the owner of items checked out, & where the
transaction physically took place.

I expected the following report to do this for me:

SELECT s.datetime, i.itemcallnumber, i.itype, i.ccode, i.barcode,
b.categorycode, s.type, b.cardnumber, s.branch, b.branchcode,
i.homebranch
FROM statistics s
LEFT JOIN items i on (i.itemnumber = s.itemnumber)
LEFT JOIN borrowers b ON (s.borrowernumber = b.borrowernumber)
WHERE s.type in ('issue','renew','localuse') AND s.datetime BETWEEN
<<Between (yyyy-mm-dd)>> AND <<and (yyyy-mm-dd)>>
ORDER BY i.itype, i.ccode, i.cn_sort asc

Unfortunately, for 17% of the transactions the home library of the
patron is missing (b.branchcode). In our case, this amounts to some
33,000 transactions for 2013.

The vast majority of these transactions (98%) are of type Local Use.
(We have the RecordLocalUseOnReturn preference set to 'Record' for
when items not checked out are checked in.)

Can anyone explain what's going on here? Does it have something to do
with how Transfers between branches are recorded by Koha?

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Best,

Cab Vinton, Director
Plaistow Public Library