[Koha] What user account to use when re-indexing Zebra

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed May 7 11:19:10 NZST 2014

Joel Ewy schreef op di 06-05-2014 om 00:44 [+0000]:
> As per the instructions at:
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Moving_an_installation_from_a_regular_install_to_the_Debian_packages
>
> sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -f -v <instancename>
>
> After trying this, and doing some more research on the Web, I ran
> across the
> suggestion that this would foul up the file permissions.  Having a
> more
> fleshed-out explanation of the way the parts interact would help.

I hope that you didn't actually see that suggestion anywhere, it's quite
wrong.

Doing 'sudo misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl ....' can mess up
permissions.

Doing 'sudo koha-rebuild-zebra ....' never should. All the koha-* tools
know how to set permissions correctly, and running them with sudo is the
recommended way.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.