[Koha] How to Send Mail Alerts for approval of Library Committee Group for a Suggested Item

Arun Kumar arun.aimit.2010 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 19:05:18 NZST 2014

Hello,

We are working on to integrate a particular function in Koha Acquisition
module for Suggestion Management.....

In our Institute we have Committee Members that approve the suggested item
and we achieve this by mailing them the Suggested details by the user. this
is done with a single click in our old library software. we want KOHA to
have similar feature hence the effort.

We have pointed out a peculiar function working in KOHA i.e when the status
is changed in suggestion management a mail from Notices & slips with
similar status id is sent to the person who has suggested the document . we
could use this function for sending the mails for approval from the
Committee members

How do we achieve this milestone is there any way to do it . Pointers for
any leads will be appreciated

Regards

Arunkumar
National Institute of Oceanography