[Koha] Homebranch in biblio record

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Sun Mar 30 06:14:04 NZDT 2014

At 07:45 AM 3/29/2014 -0700, Sander898 wrote:
[snip]
>I'm looking for a way to put the indication of the homebranch (Library1 or
>Library2) in the biblio record, not only in the item of the record (like the
>952 field).

For the logic of MARC (and Koha), the 'homebranch' is *not* a biblio
attribute (the biblio is a description of a book that can be anywhere in
the world); your copy of it (the item) is in your library and recorded as
such at 952$a

If (for whatever reason) you need it for temporary import purposes, you
could use 'notes' 500$a but this is a long way from the intent and normal
usage of MARC21.

Maybe you should explain *why* you want it in the biblio?  You might also
want to refer to the logic schema of Koha at <http://schema.koha-community.org>

Paul