[Koha] Frameworks

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Wed Mar 26 12:38:03 NZDT 2014

At 11:38 AM 3/26/2014 +1300, Robin Sheat wrote:
>Paul A schreef op di 25-03-2014 om 18:13 [-0400]:
> > a) Does anyone know in the staff "Add MARC record" page
> > (/koha/cataloguing/addbiblio.pl), how to make the "default" framework
> > totally disappear? If not, how to set an alternate framework (say, BKS) as
> > the "option selected" in the drop down box?
>
>You can totally hide it with a bit of jQuery javascript.

Robin -- many tnx. Having no experience with jQuery, could you suggest the
code and how to enable it?

And for the following, yes to your first comment, and definitely *not*
deleting the framework:

UPDATE biblio SET biblio.frameworkcode='BKS' WHERE biblio.frameworkcode
LIKE '';

Again thanks and best regards -- Paul

> > b) manipulating MySQL directly is trivial (I have tried it on our sandbox)
> > apparently with no loss of integrity. Has anyone ever tried this? and are
> > there any down-sides that I have not detected?
>
>You don't say what you're actually doing with mysql, but if it's just
>changing the framework code for a bunch of biblios, I wouldn't expect it
>to cause issues, but I haven't tried it myself.
>
>If it's deleting the default framework, I'd really discourage that.
>Things might go a bit haywire.

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>