[Koha] Need help printing more than 3 digits on the top line of a spine label in KHOA

Carlock, Ruth rmcarlock at york.edu
Fri Mar 21 04:51:09 NZDT 2014

Our IT person installed KOHA last fall and I am still not able to print out
spine labels  I can print barcode labels.  We have finally got the spine
labels we purchased lined up so they will print.  But my problem is that we
use QUARTO for items 25-30 cm. tall and FOLIO for items over 30 cm. tall.
For some reason the first line of our spine label will not print more than
3 letters.  We use Library of Congress classification and I know the top
line of an LC # would not be more than 3 letters.  So I don't know if this
has something to do with information on Library of Congress, or something
to do with the way the printer is set up.  But when I try to print out a
label with QUARTO at the top, I get

QUA

.T

QA

76.76

.H94

L44

2003

Instead of

QUARTO

QA

76.76

.H94

L44

2003

I have communicated with another librarian at an academic library who is
using KOHA and she is able to print out the above call number like it
should print out.  So I know there is a problem with a setting somewhere.

Can you help me?

Ruth

Ruth M. Carlock
Library Director
Levitt Library
York College,
York, NE  68467
402-363-5703 | www.york.edu

The mission of York College is to transform lives through Christ-centered
education and to equip students for lifelong service to God, family, and
society.

Follow us!
facebook: York College Online
twitter: @YCOnline