[Koha] Admin patrons are denied access to admin interface

Liz Rea liz at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Mar 20 09:55:43 NZDT 2014

Hi Alex,

It should be noted that assigning a category does not imply any
permissions in the staff client. The only thing that is special about
the staff borrower category is that it can not have guaranteed children.
There are no 'role' based sets of permissions in Koha.

Every borrower you wish to have logged in to the staff client will need
to have their permissions set explicitly - Superlibrarian is the
permission that allows every action in the staff client. I'd start
there, and once you have an idea about the system start creating your
lists of permissions for specific users based on their role at the
library. Again, each of these will have to be done individually.

I hope this helps explain a bit more.

Cheers,
Liz