[Koha] 362 and 310 Fields not displaying

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Mar 18 04:56:45 NZDT 2014

It seems to me, several versions back, I changed the display on some of the
other unusual fields we use without having to edit the XSL templates (maybe
they weren't as odd as I thought they were).  It would be nice (as the
librarian half of the team) to be able to change this sort of thing without
having to drag in my overworked IT guru. But there are certain parts of
Koha that I'm wary of sticking my ignorant fingers into lest I blow it up.

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 6:24 AM, Kallinen Pasi <Pasi.Kallinen at pttk.fi>wrote:

> Unfortunately just editing the bib frameworks won't do anything. For the
> Normal, ISBD, and OPAC views, the MARC is processed with XSL templates, and
> if the templates don't do anything to fields 310 and 362, then those fields
> will not show up. (This is the case with the default XSL files that come
> with Koha.) To make field 310a show up in the Normal view, edit
> MARC21slim2intranetDetail.xsl and add the following piece of code in it:
>
> <xsl:if test="marc:datafield[@tag=310]/marc:subfield[@code='a']">
> frequency: </span>
>  <xsl:for-each select="marc:datafield[@tag=310]">
>  <xsl:value-of select="marc:subfield[@code='a']"/>
>  <xsl:choose><xsl:when
> test="position()=last()"><xsl:text>.</xsl:text></xsl:when><xsl:otherwise><xsl:text>;
> </xsl:text></xsl:otherwise></xsl:choose>
>  </xsl:for-each>
>  </xsl:if>
>
> Note that XSL is quite picky, and you can't just add this anywhere - your
> best bet is to look for a label you see in the Normal-view, such as
> "Volumes: ", and putting the code in the empty line before that block of
> code.
>
> You could also copy the MARC21slim2intranetDetails.xsl somewhere on the
> server, make the syspref XSLTDetailsDisplay point to it, and edit that copy
> instead.
>
> The XSL-file for OPAC is called MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl, and you could
> add the same code to it.
>
> Similar thing can be done for 362, just by changing the number 310 in that
> piece of code.
>
> --
> Ystävällisin terveisin
>
> Pasi Kallinen