[Koha] "Unlocking" the 100$a cataloging-field

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Tue Mar 11 23:51:27 NZDT 2014

Hi!

On 10 March 2014 18:53, le-grex <post at grex.is-lost.org> wrote:
> Me again, hello,
>
> i try to add a own framework for our needs here, since almost nobody knows
> about the MARC Things and so on and i want to make it easier for them. But
> the 100$a authors field is locked, i can't fill something in.

Try: Intranet > Koha administration > MARC bibliographic framework
Click on "MARC structure" for te framework you want to edit
Find field 100
Click on "Subfields" for that field
Click on "Edit" for subfield "a"
Click on "Other options (choose one)"
Make sure the "Thesaurus" field is empty
Click on "Save changes"

Now you should be able to type anything you like in field 100a when
you are cataloguing.

Best regards,
Magnus