[Koha] Cannot edit public list

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Mar 3 11:04:49 NZDT 2014

Marc Véron schreef op vr 28-02-2014 om 08:05 [+0100]:
> As far as I'm aware of the main task of the database user is to create
> user accounts (superlibrarians). Are there other tasks inside the
> staff
> client that should / must be done by the database user?

> Maybe we could turn off _all_ but such functions?

>From a service provider point of view, the database user is very handy.
We use it to log in and look at things when we need to figure out why
something is working the way it is or to change a configuration option,
and we don't always have our own regular login to use. We could create
one, but we don't like to if we don't have to, as it has the potential
to confuse reports and such. This would get a lot harder if most options
were blocked.

There is a big warning at the top when you're logged in as the db user,
this ought to be enough (though the particular case here pre-dates that
warning.) I'm not averse to disabling known-bad things though, like
lists, and probably circulation. Or making the warning more prominent
perhaps.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.