[Koha] Athena to Koha

Manny Tamayao manny_tamayao at sil.org
Mon Jun 23 13:51:04 NZST 2014

Good day Fiji,

We did it two years ago.
>From Athena, you can export your marc data from Cataloging>Export MARC
Records>select range "Barcode", put a filename then choose where to save
your data and finally I do suggest choose "Export as multiple MARC
records".

You can use MarcEdit http://marcedit.reeset.net/ to clean and map your
MARC data in preparation for import in Koha (e.g. 852 to 952, adding your
homebranch, etc..). It would be easier if you have a librarian or someone
with you who understand MARC.

Hope it helps,
Manny

Message: 2