[Koha] How to restrict patron permanently?

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 02:18:46 NZST 2014

Salvete!

>>  We are using Koha 3.14.7.
>>  How can we restrict patrons permanently?
>>  Tow restriction options are Gone no address and Lost card.
>>  These two options have their own purposes.
>>  Imagine a case, one patron would like to terminate his account before the
>>  expiry of his membership period.
>>  How can we suspend that account?
>>  Can we create a new flag?

    If it's permanently permanently, you can just delete the Patron.

    If it's really just long term you can

go to

Patrons

search on the Patron's Name

Modify Patron

scroll like to the middleish which will have

Patron Restrictions

pick a date

enter in a reason

hit

Save

et viola! Baninated! Koha will warn you that you can't check out cause reasons.

Cheers,
Brooke