[Koha] call number sort problem

Bruce A Metcalf consuls at augustansociety.org
Wed Jun 11 15:29:43 NZST 2014

Fridolin SOMERS <fridolin.somers at biblibre.com> wrote:
> Le 21/03/2014 22:05, Margo Duncan a écrit :
>> We're having some issues with call number sort in our reports and
>> I'm wondering if anyone has any insights.
>>
>> It appears that cn_sort has two different methods of sorting call
>> numbers.  One way is that 0 is added so that a call number of
>> HD30.19 is HD003019.  The other way is with _ so HD30.19 is
>> HD_0030_19. ... So can I adjust the sorting  method, or is there
>> something wrong with my data?
>
> items.cn_sort calculation depends on items.cn_source value, if no
> value, the default classification source is used (defined in syspref
> "DefaultClassificationSource").

I think I understand this, but I don't understand how to make a call
number like "H B34" sort before one like "HM B34".

It seems the default is to sort spaces after letters and numbers
(which takes me all the way back to Hollerith sorts!).

Can this be changed, and if so, how?

Regards,
/ Bruce /
Bruce A. Metcalf