[Koha] Koha - creating OAI datasets

Steve Sowder sowder at andrews.edu
Tue Jul 29 02:47:40 NZST 2014

On 7/25/2014 12:08 PM, Galen Charlton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Steve Sowder <sowder at andrews.edu> wrote:
>> I have defined an OAI Data set.
>> In my set mapping I have
>> "595s matches SDAPI" (but in the nomenclature of Koha)
>
> Could you reply with the exact mappings you've defined for that set?

Mapping on tag "595" subfield "s"  match on "SDAPI".
There are at least 70,000 such records in the database.

(I have attached a gif file which is a screen shot. I don't know if this
listserv allows attachments. If not, then go to
http://www.andrews.edu/~sowder/SDAPI-Map.gif)

There is a record that looks like:
=LDR  00988nam  2200277 a 4500
=001  00022977
=008  \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\eng\\
=024  \\$a02-1358036x
=035  \\$a.b1358036x$bper  $ca
=035  \\$a.b1358036x$bper  $cp
=100  2\$aKnight, George R.
=245  10$aBiblio file] [A tale of two books.
=260  \\$c1990 v63 Sep p29.
=260  \\$c1990.
=400  \\$aMinistry.
=400  \\$g1990 v63 Sep p29.
=440  \\$aBiblio file.
=513  \\$aBook review.
=595  \\$sADVLIB
=595  \\$sJWL
=595  \\$sSDALIB
=595  \\$sSDAPI
=705  \\$aTucker, Ruth A.
=715  \\$aAnother gospel: alternative religions and the New Age  movement.
=830  \\$aSDAPI - Seventh-day Adventist Periodical Index.
=856  41\$zLink to original record at
SDAPI$uhttp://jewel.andrews.edu:82/record=b1358036
=856  \\$zFull-text in DjVU
format$uhttp://www.adventistarchives.org/docs/MIN/MIN19900901-V63-09__B/index.djvu?djvuopts&page=29
=856  \\$zFull-text in PDF
format$uhttp://www.adventistarchives.org/docs/MIN/MIN19900901-V63-09__B.pdf#page=29&view=fit
=952  \\$aSDAPI$bCITE$oSDAPI.b1358036x

This can be seen at
http://koha.andrews.edu/cgi-bin/koha/oai.pl?verb=GetRecord&identifier=SDAPI:125000&metadataPrefix=oai_dc

Although the oai version seems to be missing a lot of stuff.

>> After running the program to build the set, the resulting OAI file has _all_
>> records the database. Not just the ones that matches the map.
>
> Can you confirm whether the oai_sets_biblios tables has any rows?  Based on this
>
> http://koha.andrews.edu/cgi-bin/koha/oai.pl?verb=ListIdentifiers&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&set=SDAPI
>
> the SDAPI set actually appears to be empty at the moment.

But if you look at it with the following there are records.
But, it does not specify a set.

http://koha.andrews.edu/cgi-bin/koha/oai.pl?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc

Thus: It looks like the build_oai_sets creates an OAI file with _all_ of
the records in the database (no SetSpec) and includes those that map as
subsets (with a SetSpec).

Is that correct?

I don't know why my oai-set map is not finding the 70,000+ records.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Steve
sowder at andrews.edu