[Koha] Report help

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Jul 24 06:57:26 NZST 2014

This is the basic report:
SELECT count(biblio.copyrightdate), biblio.copyrightdate,items.itype FROM
items LEFT JOIN biblioitems on
(items.biblioitemnumber=biblioitems.biblioitemnumber) LEFT JOIN biblio on
(biblioitems.biblionumber=biblio.biblionumber) GROUP BY
biblio.copyrightdate ORDER BY biblio.copyrightdate asc

I also used an expanded version with more fields so I could see what the
numbers really mean.

   - It doesn't pick up everything.  A lot of our 18th and 19th century
   publications have partial or conjectural dates in square brackets. These
   seem to be ignored.
   - It gives a count of the items.  Not the biblios.  So this skews the
   count further (we have a lot of 18th century pamphlets bound together -
   many biblios, but only one item record for the bound volume).

Is there any way we can be more precise?
Would a query on the MARCXML for the  260 c produce a more accurate result?
Can we to force it to count biblios instead of items?
It may be we have to settle for doing the counting in the spreadsheet
rather than via Koha. But it would be nice to have some control over what
is counted.

I know next to nothing about SQL, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 12:31 AM, Robin Sheat <robin at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:

> Elaine Bradtke schreef op di 22-07-2014 om 17:35 [+0100]:
> > One of my colleagues was asking if I could give statistics on what we
> > have
> > from the 17th, 18th and first half of the 19th century.  Preferably by
> > year.
> >
> When my Elasticsearch work is finished, this'll be just a matter of
> finding an elasticsearch visualisation tool that lets you explore your
> data, and telling it to do what you want.
>
> The way I'd do it currently would be to script something that pulls the
> date from the MARC of each entry and exports that. Then you could pop it
> into libreoffice calc and make graphs or whatever you need.
>
> --
> Robin Sheat
> Catalyst IT Ltd.
> ✆ +64 4 803 2204
> GPG: 5FA7 4B49 1E4D CAA4 4C38  8505 77F5 B724 F871 3BDF

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)