[Koha] Cataloging questions

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Jul 24 04:26:21 NZST 2014

Steve:
Older versions of Koha may be slightly different but the short answer is
you need to modify the subfields in your framework so that it displays in
the editor (the default for 590 is to not display, probably the same for
595).
Subfield structure>
Edit subfields cosntraints
You'll find the display controls under Advanced constraints.  in 3.14 or
later, it's a matter of ticking the correct boxes.
Earlier versions you need to enter the correct number for the display you
want - http://manual.koha-community.org/3.2/en/catadmin.html

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Steve Sowder <sowder at andrews.edu> wrote:

> Responding with more data to my own question.
>
> The MARC tag 595 is not displayed anywhere in Koha.
> However, if the record is exported (buy bib number range) the 595 tags are
> present.
>
> So, question #1 is answered. They _are_ loaded.
> But, they are not displayed anywhere except when exporting.
>
> We ran the program to create an OAI-PMH file but none of the records
> defined by the map were included. Just about everything else was however.
>
> Still wondering how to display _all_ of the contents of the record when
> editing?
>
> Steve
>

> On 7/23/2014 10:45 AM, Steve Sowder wrote:
>
>> I have altered the default framework to include marc tag 595.  (590 is
>> also there must I may have added that sometime ago.)
>>
>> 1. When loading records that have a 595 tag, and the framework includes
>> it, what do I to get tag 595 contents to actually load?
>>
>> 2. When I edit a record neither the 590 nor the 595 is included in the
>> list of the tags. What do I do to get the editor to include all of the
>> tags that are in the framework?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Steve Sowder             Systems Librarian
>> sowder at andrews.edu      Andrews University

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)