[Koha] List compromised?

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jul 11 10:47:36 NZST 2014

Paul A schreef op do 10-07-2014 om 14:06 [-0400]:
> I'm flattered -- coming up 75 and uglier than sin -- but just
> wondering if
> it's only happening to me?

It's definitely a thing that happens. All they need to do is subscribe
an address to the list, and have a bot reply to everything.

Short of screening every single email address (which wouldn't be
impossible, but a bit of work*), we can't tell what the subscribed
address is. This is maybe something that is reaching the point of worth
doing however.

(* send a "testing, please don't reply" message to every address on the
list with a custom 'from' address that maps to every destination
address, and when you get the spam reply, you know where it came from
and you can kick them.)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.