[Koha] Crontab - is that one tabs used to open beer cans?

Phillip Ponchot pponchot at live.com
Tue Jul 8 07:17:29 NZST 2014

The old koha was installed as a tarball on the old server so I believe this makes it a source-based.  The new koha was installed via a repository.  apt-get install koha-common.

I did find in /etc/cron.d  a koha-common file.  The contents of this file was:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# /etc/cron.d/koha-common
#
# Call koha-rebuild-zebra for each enabled Koha instance, to make sure the
# Zebra indexes are up to date.

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

*/5 * * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/koha-rebuild-zebra && koha-rebuild-zebra -q $(koha-list --enabled)
*/15 * * * * root koha-foreach --enabled --email /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl
also there is a directory in  /user/share/koha/bin/cronjobs - are these run by the koha program or do I have to schedule them in a crontab job?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advance_notices.pl                       holds
backup.sh                                       import_webservice_batch.pl
batch_anonymise.pl                     j2a.pl
build_browser_and_cloud.pl     longoverdue.pl
cart_to_shelf.pl                            MARC21_parse_test.pl
check-url.pl                                  overdue_notices.pl
check-url-quick.pl                       printoverdues.sh
cleanup_database.pl                  process_message_queue.pl
cloud-kw.pl                                  purge_suggestions.pl
cloud-sample.conf                      rss
CONFIGURE.gmail                       runreport.pl
create_koc_db.pl                        serialsUpdate.pl
crontab.example                         services_throttle.pl
delete_expired_opac_registrations.pl     social_data
delete_patrons.pl                        staticfines.pl
delete_unverified_opac_registrations.pl  thirdparty
fines.pl                                 update_totalissues.pl
gather_print_notices.pl
I just want to run automatically anything that needs to be done to keep koha up to date.

Thanks

Phillip