[Koha] How to stop series title volume enter Authorities

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Tue Jul 8 02:20:56 NZST 2014

At 03:04 AM 7/7/2014 -0700, Iming Chan wrote:
>Hi Paul,
>
>Thanks for your response.
>
>By following your suggestion, we need to predetermine whether each series
>title is a new heading.

Our cataloguers (so I'm told), always check the 1**, 4**, 6** and 7**
authority entries -- it's an intrinsic part of the biblio db integrity
without which we lose the OPAC usefulness of being able to click on
authority links.  I've just had a quick look, and here's an example of how
things can go wrong:

Time-Life Books
<http://koha-admin/cgi-bin/koha/authorities/detail.pl?authid=6585>Details
<http://koha-admin/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl?type=intranet&op=do_search&idx=an,phr&q=6585>4
biblio(s)
Time-Life Books.
<http://koha-admin/cgi-bin/koha/authorities/detail.pl?authid=12090>Details
<http://koha-admin/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl?type=intranet&op=do_search&idx=an,phr&q=12090>74
biblio(s)

Automation is wonderful, but the "Mark 1 human eyeball" is still superior :=)

Best -- Paul

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>