[Koha] Problems creating OAI datasets

Steve Sowder sowder at andrews.edu
Thu Jul 3 08:49:02 NZST 2014

I have two OAI sets defined with mapping to the contents of a 595s field.

To create the database the online manual in section 4.8.4 says to execute:
misc/migration_tools/build_oai_sets.pl

 From our techie:
<<<
There are missing configurations.   For starters, I
copied /usr/share/koha/koha-conf.xml.in to /usr/share/koha/koha-conf.xml
(because it didn't exist).

Now it is complaining that it can't access the database.  I ran it as
koha-koha from /usr/share/koha with "perl -I/usr/share/koha/lib
bin/migration_tool/build_oai_sets.pl" and got back the following errors:

DBI connect('dbname=koha;host=localhost;port=3306','_DBC_DBUSER_',...)
failed: Access denied for user '_DBC_DBUSER_'@'localhost' (using
password: YES) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 802
Access denied for user '_DBC_DBUSER_'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 802.

I need to know (or where it is set) what the DBC_DBUSERS and password
for it are set.

Where do we go from here?

Thanks for any help.

Steve Sowder               Systems Librarian
sowder at andrews.edu        Andrews University